Saturday, June 25, 2011

Six Weeks in Fes: Day 11

Theres times its hard to believe where I am and how good it is, and theres times its hard to believe I ever wanted to do this. I experienced both of those today. Went to a local pool/hotel (including a bar!) and spent the whole day there. There was DJ'd music and fun people. Best time I've had in a long while. They kept playing that Africa song Shakira sang (for the World Cup?) last year. Made me think about where I was, and it was the first time it really had sunk in that I was IN AFRICA, which hasn't really sunk in as much as I thought it would have. Really cool feeling.

Then I nearly got stranded at a grocery store three miles from my home, badly sunburned and running into several language barriers along the way. Not fun, but I dont wanna focus on the bad stuff.

Visiting Voubilis and Meknes tomorrow. Seeing Roman ruins for the first time in my life, except for a Roman coin passed around HIST 150 last year. I remember how cool it felt to hold that coin. Will try my best not to nerd out at the ruins tomorrow. Might have to warn everyone that I'm a history minor.

Lastly, I'm really enjoying watching soccer on TV all the time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment