Sunday, June 19, 2011

Six Weeks in Fes: Day 5 (Part 3)

Currently recovering from sugar shock. Daris's family served with dinner one of the most sugar laden things I have ever eaten in my life. I have noticed that most Moroccan meals contain more than one, if not all, of the following: salt, heat (from soup/tea/espresso), sugar, caffeine. The result is that I am drinking well over two liters of water per day just to stay hydrated.

When Daris and I went to the medina tonight to get bread for dinner, he introduced me to a few of his friends, one of whom made me repeat after him in Arabic that either he or Morocco is the greatest at. (I'm not sure. I had no idea what I was repeating) futbol

I also met Daris's wife, Ameena, and his very young son, Jad. Jad is 2(?) years old, and quite adorable. Like all two year olds, he is a singer and a percussionist. His favorite pastimes appears to be performing in front of his family while they are trying to watch sports on TV. (USA beat Jamaica, 2-0!)

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment