So I've come to two conclusions. 1: I will be ready to be back in the US by August 1st (and get a Lou Malnotti's pizza as soon as I leave O'Hare.) and 2: I'm going to be a little sorry to leave Fes. Its not the cleanest or most friendly city Ive ever been to, but it has a lot of character. On the way back from the Sahara last week, we stopped in a mountain town called Ifrain. It was a very nice clean quiet town. In fact, it would have looked a bit like Steamboat Springs, Colorado if there had been Nissan Xterra's everywhere. Our first reaction was a collective relief to be in a more Western looking town, but after a half hour I realized its really boring compare to Fez. Fez is NEVER boring.
While we were in Ifrain, some girls in the group wanted to find ice cream. Eventually they discovered a place that sold European chocolate ice cream bars that they thought were delicious. Heres the thing: the bars were called Magnums, so there were three or four girls talking about how much they loved the taste of Magnums. I had a pretty good laugh at that.
Taking a train to a town on the cost this weekend called Asilah. Found a very nice cheap hostel. Beaches and restaurants!
No comments:
Post a Comment