5 days left. Thats nothing right?
Its hard to tell. The past few weeks have both flown by and taken forever. A lot of people have asked me this, so I'm gonnna pu it on here. I'm going to be sad to leave Fes, but its going to be real nice to go back to Western culture where I'm used to the way things work.
Example: Theres no lines at the McDonalds here. People stand in a crowds behind the cash registers and try and be the first one there when one opens up. It gets a bit exhausting to live in a place where day in and day out, EVERYTHING (my home, school, food, transportation, social ettequitte, etc.) is different than I'm used to. Even the menu at McDonalds is different. (Here, they've got Toblerone McFlurries.) On a dumb side note, I've had to resist doing a Samuel L. Jackson impression both times I ordered a "Royale with Cheese" (Thats a Pulp Fiction reference, Mom)
Also exhausting, the call to prayer wakes me up at 5 am every morning. I haven't gotten an uninterrupted nights sleep in going on 5 weeks. Its pretty cool to hear the same sound come from minarets all over the city at almost the same time, but the things sound like a bit like tornado sirens for the first few seconds. Still haven't gotten used to it.
Lastly, all the "Na-am" propaganda put up by the government last month is still up. Even the ratty paper fliers and posters have been left up.
Its hard to tell. The past few weeks have both flown by and taken forever. A lot of people have asked me this, so I'm gonnna pu it on here. I'm going to be sad to leave Fes, but its going to be real nice to go back to Western culture where I'm used to the way things work.
Example: Theres no lines at the McDonalds here. People stand in a crowds behind the cash registers and try and be the first one there when one opens up. It gets a bit exhausting to live in a place where day in and day out, EVERYTHING (my home, school, food, transportation, social ettequitte, etc.) is different than I'm used to. Even the menu at McDonalds is different. (Here, they've got Toblerone McFlurries.) On a dumb side note, I've had to resist doing a Samuel L. Jackson impression both times I ordered a "Royale with Cheese" (Thats a Pulp Fiction reference, Mom)
Also exhausting, the call to prayer wakes me up at 5 am every morning. I haven't gotten an uninterrupted nights sleep in going on 5 weeks. Its pretty cool to hear the same sound come from minarets all over the city at almost the same time, but the things sound like a bit like tornado sirens for the first few seconds. Still haven't gotten used to it.
Lastly, all the "Na-am" propaganda put up by the government last month is still up. Even the ratty paper fliers and posters have been left up.
No comments:
Post a Comment